Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I've scrapped my Christmas wish list

Okay, so I was trundling about on the net looking for mecha/gundam sites--don't look at me that way, you know you really want to--and I came across what will apparently be the first commercially available mech.  Why, yes, as a matter of fact it is from Japan.  How did you ever guess?  It's the Vaudeville Project or KURATAS by Suidobashi Heavy Industry (水道橋重工).  They have a cool web site where you can watch videos and also pick the color scheme you'd like.  There is also a small channel on YouTube, including a basic instructional video.

(I have this semi-serious theory that the reason the Japanese are working so hard on robotics is that their answer to a dwindling population combined with an aversion to immigrants is to eventually replace their entire population with robots.)

No comments:

Post a Comment