Sunday, June 23, 2013

Back From My Pilgrimage (to the FLGS, that is)

Okay, so I wasn't able to get over to my Friendly Local Gaming Store (FLGS) for Free RPG Day.  But while checking into it I found that my FLGS, Games and Stuff, had moved! Their old store was tiny and a bit cramped, with a small retail area down stairs and a larger gaming room on the second floor.  Now, however, they are at a much larger location barely a mile from the old one.  The retail area is several times larger, very open, and well-lit.  They have a lot more on display so a trip to browse is definitely worthwhile.  The gaming room in back is huge and also well-lit, with plenty of tables and chairs.

While there I picked up The Plane Above (for D&D 4th Edition), Silver Marches (for the D&D 3.5 Forgotten Realms setting), and a pack of goblins from the Reaper's new Bones line.  I haven't run 4E and may not ever run it but the setting ideas in The Plane Above will be useful for other games.  The Silver Marches is highly likely to become the next setting I run.  It's looking more and more like the new long-term game for my weeknight group will be a Pathfinder-based, classic fantasy game run by me.  So I figured since we're going classic fantasy why not set it in the Forgotten Realms?  That's pretty dang classic.  The Silver Marches looks like a good enough setting all by itself so I'll probably go ahead with that--so, yeah, this trip to the FLGS was a good one.

Oh yeah, and I also put in a special order for the Plot Twist Cards: Flashbacks deck from Paizo.  Our group has really been enjoying these cards and since we've almost gone through the entire deck I figured I'd get the next one to avoid too much repetition.  I'll do a review of both decks and explain how we've been using them a bit later.

No comments:

Post a Comment