Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Trailer for the new Godzilla Movie!

Okay, so I've been a huge fan of Japanese monster movies since way back.  Yes, they were a bit cheesy (rubber monster suits, little toy tanks, etc.)--but they were more than a bit awesome.  Ever since I saw the original Godzilla movie my dream job has been special effects model maker.  Think about it: first you get to build an entire city, then a huge monster, and then dozens of model tanks and planes.  Then you basically blow them all up.  Then they show it on big screens so everyone else can enjoy it.  And then they pay you money.  Sign me up.  But I digress.

Anyway, when the new Godzilla movie came out in 1998 I was super-disappointed.  It had a lot of the elements I was eagerly anticipating, but in the end it was just a big lizard.  BOOOOOO!  That's not Godzilla.

However, this new film looks to bring back the original Godzilla with a lot more city-destroying mayhem, and the awesome honking roar.  The official trailer is on YouTube and I insist you watch it immediately.  Yes, now.  No, that can wait.  If you're really pressed for time (like, in the middle of giving birth or something) just skip ahead to about 1:42 and watch the end bit.  Just awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment