Saturday, December 13, 2014

Neo School Hack: What do you want to see next?

Okay, so I'm finishing up the last three dragons (metal, wood, and fire) for NSH and figure on posting them next week.  However, I'm sort of at a loose end with what to design next. I have a lot of vague ideas--but that's sort of the problem.
  • I will probably do more of the Final Fantasy Tactics Advance jobs and races, because I've always liked the class and race concepts of that game.
  • I'm also thinking that I need to do a few wizard spell grimoires, to add to the ones in The World Between for Fictive Hack, but don't have any specific ideas yet.
  • I've blocked out a quick "StarCraft School Hack" OSH-erization of the two basic troops types for each of the three factions in StarCraft.  But that's more a design exercise than a playable RPG setting for NSH.
  • I don't really have a proper science fiction hack yet, and no particular urges right now.  Some years ago I did a homebrew game provisionally called Neo Tokyo, which was a near-future setting with a random mix of furries, aliens, the occult, conspiracies, etc.  That might be fun to revisit.
  • A mecha game might be cool, but I haven't really thought about how implement it.
  • 40K School Hack, to transmogrify the tabletop Warhammer 40,000 wargame into an OSH RPG.
  • OSH-erization of the classes in the Diablo computer RPG games (mostly Diablo II).
  • Maybe some "adventure modules" or dungeons using OSH/NSH.  (Or even a full adventure path if I get on a roll.)
  • Pony School Hack, to complement the Ponyfinder game.  Yes, I'd go there...just dare me.
    Mane Eight Battle Ponies by ziom05 (deviantart.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment