Monday, December 28, 2015

Draft template for OoTS character portraits for Roll20

Okay, so earlier I posted some of the Order of the Stick style character portraits I made for a Roll20 game.  I made them using a pair of base silhouettes, one female and one male, which I embellished to create each character.  The silhouettes were made with a bordered 64x64 pixel square to work with Roll20.  Then it occurred to me that I could expand on the two base outlines to include elements which could sijmply be pasted on to speed up the process of building characters, including NPCs.

Drawing the various embellishments is slow and tricky, because I use MS Paint (I'm slowly learning Inkscape!) and a mouse, but I enjoy it.  For a lot of people, however, artsy stuff like this is way too much work and not particularly fun.  So, I figured if I could draw up a bunch of elements, eventually including equipment, hats, hair, shields, etc. then people could just paste them onto the base silhouettes, change colors with the paint can tool, and quickly make their own.

So here is my start on a draft of the template.  Ideally it will be just the one file but we'll see how crowded it gets.


No comments:

Post a Comment