Monday, January 25, 2016

Super Dungeon Explore - Painting Underway!

Okay, so my thoughtful family got me Super Dungeon Explore for Christmas and we had fun playing a couple games.  I hesitated on plunging in on painting the miniatures because I'd want to do the fine detail justice but my eyes are not good for sustained close work like that anymore.  But a lot of the kodama (plant faction) minis are hard to tell apart during play because they're all tiny plant creatures.  So I decided to do a simple dry-brushing approach with a few bits of detailing afterward.  I'm starting with a solid black undercoat followed by a dry-brushed white highlight, both using regular hobby acrylics.  Later I'll dry brush the main colors and add details, especially on the heroes and bosses.  Here's the progress so far:






No comments:

Post a Comment