Saturday, February 20, 2016

I color code my dice

My first set of polyhedral dice was purchased independently, not as part of a boxed game or anything.  I'm pretty sure I got it at the Compleat Strategist in NYC but that was a long time ago.  As it happened, each die was a different color.  This turned out to be extremely useful in the early days when most of my players had never seen anything but a traditional d6.  I'd ask someone to roll a d8, get a blank look, then tell them to roll the blue one.  And it made grabbing a die in the heat of play easier for me as well.  So as I bought more dice (so we didn't have to keep passing one set of dice around all the time) I stuck with the same colors.  I already had a pair of d10s from before for use as percentile dice with wargames, one red and one white, so I stuck with red & white for those.  Much later I bought some hit location dice but I consider them to be independent of my color scheme.


No comments:

Post a Comment